The Central Euroepan Leukemia Study Group (CELSG) was founded in the year 1999 to form a collaborative network of clinical centers in the field of leukemia research from Central and South-Eastern European countries. The CELSG is particularely devoted to the design and conduct of academia- and industry-sponsered clinical trials according to Good Clinical Practice guidelines.
CELSG activities are aimed
- to design and conduct highly innovative clinical research projects thus improving the standards of both clinical research and treatment of patinets with leukemic disorders
- to participate in large randomized clinical trials of high quality and relevance
- to implement quality standards by the establishment of monitoring procedure guidleines of ICH/GCP, introduce high-tech diagnostics assessments, communication, training and for
- mobilizing resources available for leukem ia research in the participating centers and their countries
- to cooperate with pharmaceutical companies active in the field of leukemia research
- to collaborate with well-established Contract Research Organizations in order to perform monitoring and data management of each clinical trial